A & D Ointment And Cream - To meet baby's specific needsDiaper rash is easy to spot and easy to treat. It is a red, patchy irritation found on baby's skin in the genital area, the folds of the thighs and the buttocks. Don't worry, Mom, all babies get diaper rash from time to time. Babies are so susceptible to diaper rash that wet and soiled diapers can irritate baby's delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet diaper for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of diaper rash to be aware of are:
• Irritation due to bowel movements
• Irritation due to moisture from sweat and urine (even the most absorbent diapers leave some wetness behind)
• Not drying the skin thoroughly after a diaper change
• Diaper chafing/friction
• Change in food or introducing new foods
Your baby's skin is like nothing else on earth- soft, supple and amazingly silky. Because it's so delicate, it requires a special understanding to help care for and nurture it. A+D products have helped new moms protect their babies' skin for generations. Protect your little one's delicate skin from diaper rash. With a little help from the A+D brand. You can keep your baby's skin as precious as the first day you touched it. The makers of A+D offer two distinct products to meet your baby's needs one to prevent diaper rash everyday, and another to effectively treat occasional rashes.
A&D Diaper Rash Ointment
Keeping your baby's bottom clean and dry is an important part of preventing diaper rash. Use A+D Original Ointment at every diaper change to help prevent your baby from ever getting diaper rash. Just as you protect and condition your skin every day, you can do the same for your baby. Help Prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A+D Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change. It is safe to use everyday. A+D Ointment is uniquely formulated to create a protective barrier on baby's skin, preventing irritation from wetness, soiled diapers, and diaper chafing.
It is a multipurpose skin protector that effectively treats diaper rash and dry chapped skin. Formulated with vitamins A and D, the soothing skin rash ointment temporarily protects minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Plus, you can use this A&D Dry Skin Ointment to combat the drying effects of harsh winds and cold weather. The A&D Ointment Tub comes in handy is skin easily chaffs on bike rides or long runs. With Vitamin A and D, A&D Dry Skin Ointment is replenishes skin with nutrients and helps to heal minor rashes. This A&D Ointment available in 1.5 oz, 4 oz. tube and 1 lb. jar, which is great for the changing table.
A+D Original Ointment Features
• Use at every diaper change to help prevent diaper rash, especially at bedtime when exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged.
• Safe to use at every diaper change.
• Ointment contains vitamins A and D.
• Helps relieve dry, chafed skin.
• Forms a protective barrier to help seal out wetness.
• Pediatrician Recommended.
A+D Zinc Oxide Cream
It contains the #1 Pediatrician recommended ingredient, Zinc Oxide, to treat and calm the rash, relieve discomfort, and protect your baby's precious skin. These simple tips to treat diaper rash will soothe your baby's skin quickly and will help prevent diaper rash from recurring.
• Change baby's wet diaper as soon as possible
• Soak your baby's bottom in clean, tepid water. Avoid using soap or disposable wipes, which may irritate the skin
• Allow your baby's skin to air dry without a diaper for short periods during the day
• Avoid non-breathable fabrics and plastic pants
• This A&D diaper rash cream available in 1.5 oz and 4 oz. tube
Follow these twelve steps and incorporate A+D Original Ointment for an easy diapering routine.
• To avoid prolonged exposure to irritants and wetness, you should change diapers promptly after soiling.
• Keep all of the diapering items you need together: diapers, wipes or a soft damp cloth, a small towel or a dry wash cloth for drying, a clean change of clothes and A+D Original Ointment or A+D Zinc Oxide Cream.
• Wash and dry your hands before you begin, or wipe with a fresh diaper wipe.
• Choose a surface that allows you to work easily while keeping your baby safe. When possible, you may prefer to use a changing table.
• Make sure your baby is comfortable and not fidgeting. It may be helpful to use a toy to keep your baby distracted. Be careful not to leave your baby unattended, not even for a moment.
• Remove the soiled diaper.
• Thoroughly cleanse the diaper area including creases and folds. Disposable wipes are convenient, and a washcloth with warm water and soap is also acceptable. (To avoid bacterial infections, take care to clean girls' diaper areas from front to back.)
• Carefully blot your baby dry with a dry washcloth. Avoid rubbing, as this may irritate their delicate skin.
• Prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A+D Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change. If you are treating diaper rash, apply an even, liberal coat of A+D Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire diaper area at every diaper change.
• Put the diaper on, making sure that it fits snugly but not too tightly.
• Dispose of soiled diaper in a covered diaper pail.
• Wash your hands with soap and water, or use a fresh diaper wipe.