MiraLAX laxative. Natural, gentle constipation reliefAlthough you may be one of the millions of Americans uncomfortable with discussing constipation, the truth is it's a very common gastrointestinal complaint. It affects 1 in 4 adults each year - which adds up to more than 65 million Americans. To help put that number into perspective, as many people suffer from constipation each year as suffer from heartburn. While this gastrointestinal issue can affect anyone, women are twice as likely as men to experience constipation, and it's more frequent among adults age 65 and older.
What is Constipation?
Constipation refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass. Constipation or irregularity occurs when your bowel movements become difficult or when they happen less frequently than normal. It can throw off your daily routine.
What's normal? It depends on the individual. Normal can range from a bowel movement three times a day to three times a week. Normal stools are soft and formed, and passed without straining.
Symptoms of Constipation May Include:
• Abdominal discomfort
• Lack of energy
Causes Of Constipation
The causes of constipation can be as diverse as the people who suffer from it. A digestive system that isn't functioning properly does not necessarily signal unhealthy habits or lifestyle, but some bad habits could contribute to the causes of constipation. Some common causes of constipation include lack of exercise, diet, stress, travel, or any other changes in your daily routine that can affect your digestive system. Sometimes constipation can be caused simply by a slower digestive system. In today's 24-hour world, some causes of constipation can be difficult to avoid. With a busy schedule, it is easy to resist the urge to go to the bathroom. Sometimes you miss the opportunity entirely. The unfortunate result: postponing a bowel movement may actually contribute to irregularity. Some medical conditions as well as various medications and some nutritional supplements can also contribute to constipation.
Constipation is usually caused by a disorder of bowel function rather than a structural problem. Common causes of constipation include:
• Inadequate water intake
• Inadequate fiber in the diet
• A disruption of regular diet or routine; traveling
• Inadequate activity or exercise or immobility
• Eating large amounts of dairy products
• Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the result of pain from hemorrhoids
• Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles
• Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis
• Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum
• Medicines (especially strong pain medicines, such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills)
• Eating disorders
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Colon cancer
Treating Constipation Starts with Identifying the Problem. Identifying and targeting the symptoms of constipation are important first steps. Inactive or sluggish bowel function is just one symptom. Selecting the right laxative for you can ease your constipation, helping you get back to your daily routine.
Selecting the Laxative That's Right for You.
There's a range of laxatives available over the counter - each works differently to relieve constipation.
• Osmotic laxatives gently draw water back to the digestive tract, replacing lost water, enabling a normal, complete bowel movement. Through this process, MiraLAX, an osmotic laxative, relieves constipation and softens stool, with no harsh side effects.
• Bulk-forming (fiber) laxatives add psyllium (insoluble) fiber to the stool. These can be used to supplement the fiber in your diet. However, they can sometimes ferment and cause gas.
• Stimulant laxatives activate the walls of the intestine, causing the muscles to contract and clear the bowel. They work quickly, but can sometimes cause cramps.
• Lubricants, such as mineral oil, coat the walls of the intestine so that stool can pass through more easily. They can sometimes interfere with vitamin and nutrient absorption.
• Saline laxatives work by pulling water into the intestine. These laxatives can remove electrolytes.
Relief from constipation that works naturally with your body. You know when your system is thrown out of balance by constipation. When your digestive tract isn't running smoothly, it can throw off your whole day. Nothing works better than MiraLAX laxative to relieve constipation and soften stool with no harsh side effects, so you can get on with your day.
Why MiraLAX is The One
• Relieves constipation and softens stool
• No bloating, no cramping, no gas
• No sudden urgency, so you're in control
• The #1 recommended laxative by doctors, pharmacists, and gastroenterologists
• The #1 brand used in hospitals
MiraLAX powder dissolves easily in water and other liquids, with no taste or grit. And MiraLAX is available without a prescription.
How MiraLAX works?
Water is vital to your body for healthy living, and to help your digestive system stay regular. Constipation may occur when stool moves slowly through the colon, which could allow too much water to be removed. This can make the stool hard, dry, and difficult to pass.
MiraLAX contains Polyethylene Glycol 3350, which is a completely different way to treat constipation. It works by gently replenishing the water to your digestive system, which helps naturally cause a bowel movement. This water both increases the frequency of bowel movements and softens the stool, making it easier to pass. Nothing works better than MiraLAX laxative to relieve constipation and soften stool with no harsh side effects.
• No sudden urgency
• No cramping
• No bloating
• No gas
So, if your current laxative isn't providing relief without harsh side effects, it's time to experience the MiraLAX difference.
MiraLAX laxative comes in four sizes to suit your needs. 7, 14 and 30 dose bottles each have a convenient single 17g dose measuring cap. And MiraLAX also comes in a pack of 10 pre-measured, single-dose packets, so you can take MiraLAX with you anytime, anywhere. MiraLAX is gluten and sugar free. It easily dissolves completely in four to eight ounces of water, fruit juice, or any other beverage. There's no taste, no grit - just gentle, predictable relief from constipation with no harsh side effects:
• No bloating
• No sudden urgency
• No cramping
• No gas
Myotcstore Related Products:
Phillips Milk of Magnesia Cherry Liquid - 12 Oz
Fleet glycerin suppositories adult laxative jar - 50 ea
G and W Sani suppositories laxatives for adults - 10 ea
Equalactin citrus flavored chewable tablets - 48 ea
Fiber therapy powder regular for regularity - 13 Oz
Dulcolax laxative tablets 5 mg relieves constipation - 25 ea
Kaopectate stool softener liquigels 240 mg (formerly Surfak) - 100 ea
Bisacodyl suppositories, USP 10 mg (Generic Dulcolax) - 50 ea
Natrul Health stoolsoftener softgels 100 mg - 100 ea