Oil Of Oregano Benefits and UsesOregano oil is widely known as nature’s potent germ-killer. Not only is it highly respected within the natural health community, it is also being widely studied within the scientific community for its vast medical uses. It is a natural substance that is extracted from wild oregano plants, and two key compounds found in it are carvacrol and thymol.
Oregano oil is known to have antimicrobial, antifungal, antitumor and antiparasitic benefits. The active constituents of oregano oil are carvacrol, thymol and borneol volatile oils, flavonoids, rosmarinic acid, triterpenoids, sterols and vitamins A and C. These elements work together to provide a double dose of benefits. Oregano is considered safe, but there are precautions for use of the oregano oil.
Oil of Oregano can be purchased as either a liquid or as capsules/tablets. In both forms, it is important to verify that the oil is derived from the proper potent oregano plant, and that the carvacrol concentration is at least 70%.
Some of the specific benefits of Oil of Oregano are:
• Destroying organisms that contribute to skin infections and digestive problems.
• Strengthening the immune system.
• Increasing joint and muscle flexibility.
• Improving respiratory health.
Uses of Oil of Oregano
• Skin Infections
Oil of Oregano can be applied directly onto the skin to treat itches, skin infections, and irritated gums, but only if it has been diluted. Always follow the instructions on your particular bottle before applying topically onto the skin, since highly concentrated oils may first need to be mixed with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil before application (usually one teaspoon of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil per one drop of Oil of Oregano).
• Digestive Problems
The high concentrations of thymol and carvacrol in Oil of Oregano have been shown to calm upset stomachs and aid digestion. Therefore, a quick home remedy for mild indigestion is to drink a glass of milk or juice that is mixed with 2 or 3 drops of the oil.
• Sinus Congestion
Oil of Oregano is a wonderful natural remedy for sinus congestion. A common solution is to add 3 drops of the oil into a glass of juice and drink this mixture daily for 3 to 5 days.
• Colds and Sore Throats
Oil of Oregano is an excellent early defense mechanism when you feel a cold or sore throat coming on. Simply take 3 drops of the oil once per day (you can mix it into a glass of orange juice) and you should notice results within a few hours. Repeat this once per day for up to 5 days until the symptoms are gone.
• Fungal and Parasitic Infections
Due to its anaesthetic, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties, oil oregano works well with athlete’s foot, nail fungal infection, head lice, scabies, Candida, rosacea, acne, eczema, removal of freckles, rashes, and other skin and yeast infections.
• Common Viral Infections
Colds, pharyngitis, cough, flu, Herpes, warts, insect bites, and other skin allergies can be totally eliminated or their duration shortened with the use of oil oregano. It is also helpful for other respiratory infections such as sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
• Cell Deterioration
Its anti-oxidant property slows down the deterioration of cells thus it also slows down the aging process. The rosmarinic acid, which is present in oil of oregano, and considered more potent than Vitamin E, prevents cancer and muscle and eye degeneration. It is also helpful with various disorders of the nervous system.
• Menstruation and Menopause
Oil Oregano is also helpful in the management of irregular menstruation and menopause in women. It is known to stop growth of tumour in women’s reproductive organ.
How to Use:
• Oregano can be consumed as an herb in culinary uses, a tincture, tea or essential oil.
• Oregano oil (diluted) can be consumed to speed recovery during illness.
• Oregano Oil (diluted in coconut oil) can be used on skin infections to boost healing.
• Oregano oil can be mixed in to oil as part of an oil pulling routine.
• Diluted oregano oil taking internally can help with allergies.
• Oregano oil diluted in olive oil can be rubbed on sore muscles and joints for pain relief.
• Dried oregano, in combination with other dried herbs like basil, rosemary and thyme, can create an effective facial steam for loosening congestion and calming coughing.
• It can be diluted for effective use on athletes foot and fungal infections.
• Oregano oil can be helpful in redding the body of ringworm when used topically.
• It can be effective in removing warts when used diluted on the skin.
Myotcstore Related Products:North American Herb and Spice Oreganol oil of wild oregano softgels - 60 ea
ZandOregano oil standardized extract 1 oz
Source Naturals Wellness oil of oregano - 1 oz
Wellness oil fo oregano dietary supplement capslules by Source Naturals - 60 ea
Natures Alchemy Oregano Pure Essential Oil - 0.5 oz
Planetary Herbals Oil of Oregano Liquid - 1 oz