Stay awake Stimulants And Remedies For Wakefulness
When you're really tired, it can feel like the most taxing thing ever, trying to keep your eyes open, your attention focused and your reflexes alert. Sometimes the tiredness can simply get the better of you and you will fall asleep in places other than your bed this is fine in most cases, there are situations where this could be highly dangerous, such as if you are driving and at the time of working in the office. One of the most common ways of keeping yourself awake is to pinch yourself; however this simple act will release dopamine and whilst making you feel more awake temporarily, is not recommended!
A safer, though still not well recommended, method of staying awake is to drink caffeinated drinks or take caffeine tablets. Caffeine is a central nervous system and metabolic stimulant and is consumed in some form by 90% of adults every day. You can find it in varying quantities in soft drinks, hot beverages and energy drinks.
Stay awake Stimulants
Enerjets Wake Up Energy Booster Drops - Just pop a great tasting coffee flavored lozenge in your mouth and experience a gentle WAKE-UP, unlike the nervous jolt you often feel from caffeine pills. Enerjets will also instantly restore your mental alertness allowing you to concentrate on the task at hand and not your next nap. If you lead an active lifestyle or just need a little pep in your step... Enerjets will give you that extra edge!
Vivarin alertness aid tablets with caffeine helps restore mental alertness or wakefulness when experiencing fatigue or drowsiness. Vivarin has been recognized by the FDA as a safe and effective way to help keep you mentally alert and focused. It's just like having coffee or soda. The functional caffeine in Vivarin can help you accomplish all the things you need to do and all the things you want to do. The functional caffeine in Vivarin helps you control your busy days and helps you accomplish the many things you want to do in your life. It's functional caffeine - safe and effective. One Vivarin can help an average person maintain mental alertness and focus for approximately four hours. Individual results can vary depending on such factors as age, weight, and tolerance to caffeine.
Planetary Herbals Ginseng Revitalizer 1000 mg tablets - Stimulants mobilize energy, but add nothing of value to our bodies, on the contrary, they can rapidly lead to depletion of vitality. These substances stimulate the adrenal response, often with negative effects, such as nervousness, increased stress, and eventual exhaustion. There are numerous energizers available in health food stores, but too many are herbal stimulants, offering a quick uplift with a long-term downside.
Tips to Stay Awake
1. Caffeine: It is a very effective, inexpensive way to boost alertness. It is a natural stimulant. Second only to water, caffeinated beverages are one of the most commonly consumed fluids in the world. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and soda are popular options. Caffeine can also be found in certain foods, such as chocolate. Excessive use of caffeine may rarely have adverse consequences, such as a rapid heart rate, nervousness, or a withdrawal headache.
2. Take frequent breaks: Prolonged, sustained attention and concentration can make you feel quite fatigued. In fact, the quality of your work is likely to suffer and you will be prone to making mistakes. To counter these tendencies, it is advisable to take frequent short breaks when working. These interruptions will allow a return to sustained focus.
3. Alternate your activities: If you are having trouble staying awake, you may find it helpful to alternate your activities. Breaking larger projects into smaller tasks and working at these in short, scheduled bursts may allow you to be more productive. Sustained concentration can be taxing, but by shifting our focus we can be more attentive to the new tasks that we undertake.
4. Step out to get some light and fresh air: Natural conditions can have a significant beneficial effect on our ability to stay awake. For those with circadian rhythm disorders or seasonal affective disorder (SAD), properly timed exposure to natural light, or even the use of a light box, can help substantially. For everyone else, our body’s circadian rhythm relies on exposure to natural conditions, most importantly light. So stepping out to get some fresh air during periods of sleepiness may be of benefit.
5. Take a nap: If you are fighting excessive sleepiness, the simple relief provided by a nap may recharge your batteries. Studies have shown that naps are helpful in improving learning and memory. Many societies incorporate a midday rest into their daily routines. Shorter naps lasting 15 to 20 minutes are generally preferred. Longer naps (lasting multiple hours) suggests that you may not be getting enough nighttime sleep or that you may possibly have a sleep disorder.
6. Have a snack: Most people eat and drink fairly frequently throughout the day, and appropriately timed snacks may be helpful in staying awake. You may do well to choose lighter fare and limit the portions. Foods containing sugars and caffeine may give you a needed boost. Be mindful of the additional calories, however, as these may creep up on you over time and lead to weight gain.
7. Get Light Exercise: Light exercise helps you stay awake. It stimulates your heart rate, respiration, and circulation. If you're about to pull a late night or an all-nighter studying, spend 30 minutes exercising. Cardio-based exercise (walking, running, biking, swimming, and dancing) is one of the better ways to rev your engines, stimulate your mind, and keep you awake. Men's Health recommends aerobic squats and forward bends to help stay awake while driving. People who exercise in the early morning before work generally feel more alert and active throughout their day.
8. Fresh Fruit to Stay Awake: Eating fresh fruit and berries can help you stay awake. This is because fresh fruit contains natural sugars, higher water content, and basic fiber, all of which are sources of energy. Fruit is a great source of energy that won't result in a crash, as would occur if you ate candy or drank a sugary beverage.
9. Use Peppermint Oil: Some people believe that popping a bit of peppermint gum or candy in your mouth is another way to keep yourself awake, believing that the strong flavor and smell of the peppermint will keep your senses sharp. However, the sugar in gum and candy can help contribute to tiredness.
10. Keep the environment cool: Many people experience sleepiness when it's extremely warm. Turning the temperature down and making it a little chilly can also help you stay awake. Opening your window to cold air or turning on the air conditioner in your car when you're driving can help you wake up. Splashing cold water on your face, hands, and wrists can also have an anti-sleep effect on you, but cold water splashing is not a long term wake up solution.
Myotcstore Related ProductsKreAlkalyn Pro buffered Creatine stimulant capsules - 60 ea
Enerjets Wake Up Energy Booster Drops, Mocha Mint Flavor - 12 Drops
Planetary Herbals Ginseng Revitalizer 1000 mg Tablets - 180 ea
Vivarin Caffeine Alertness Aid Tablets - 16 ea