Liquid foundation For A Naturally Flawless LookFoundation makeup is the key to whether your makeup will look good or bad. The application of a foundation will help to smooth out your skin tone, conceal blemishes and give you a more healthy glow. Applying makeup without a foundation base can actually enhance unsightly skin problems, rather than conceal them. But before you head out to the store, here are some basic rules that should be followed when making your product selection.
First, you need to select the correct color for your skin tone. Often times, people choose foundations that are either too light - making them look pale and washed out - or too dark - which often leaves a line of makeup between the jaw and neck. Generally, you will look like you're wearing a mask. The foundation color that you choose must blend in with your natural skin tone.
Also keep in mind that your skin tone color will change with the seasons. In the summer, you will most likely need a slightly darker foundation color, as your skin will tan somewhat (even if you don't purposely suntan - you still need to go outside sometimes.) In the winter your skin will lighten again back to its original tone and you should use your natural base color foundation makeup.
Most women seem to prefer the liquid foundation base. It appears to be quicker and much easier to apply. As well, once blended into the skin, liquid foundation makeup appears more natural and lighter, giving the skin a smooth, even appearance. However, how it is applied can also make a difference. Applying too much will cause streaks and spots that look "heavier" then others on your skin. Using a makeup sponge rather than using a fingers can help a lot with creating a smooth, even appearance. Apply a small amount of liquid foundation at a time and blend in carefully.
A liquid foundation would be the ideal choice for most women because they have a versatility and blendability that easily suits most skin types. They are also easier to use and last for at least two years. These bottles foundations come in oil and water bases. If your skin is oily, you may opt for a water-based foundation that blends easily and gives skin a subtle glow. They contain a slight amount of silicon oil and emollient and offer breathable coverage for daywear. These are also the best foundation choices for most women of color. Oil based foundations, on the other hand, work well for mature and wrinkled skin. Though they are greasier and thicker than the water-based kind, they work very well for women who want to make their skin appear moist and dewy.
One of the biggest pros of liquid foundation is its manoeuvrable mar-free magic. It prettifies places powder can’t go, can’t cover, or can make oh-so noticeable, such as fine lines, wrinkles, pores, dry patches, etc. From mattifying to oil free, to combination, there is one that’ll provide you with the coverage you crave. Another liquid foundation pro: just a little goes a long way! And it’s perfect for giving you a dose of delightful moisture on a cold day or if you have dry skin.
Another advantage of a liquid foundation is that it absorbs into the skin rather than sitting on top of it, so you get a more natural skin tone appearance. It also comes in a variety of bases to suit women with dry skin, normal skin, oily skin, combination skin, and sensitive skin types.
Liquid Foundation is usually what some people think of when they hear the word "foundation". Companies have been selling it for many decades, it comes in a bottle and goes on smoothly over the face. Not all liquid foundations are created in the same way, in fact, there are many different types ...
Different Types Of Liquid Foundation
1. Long Wearing Foundations are very good sellers particularly with the shiny skinned types. Long wearing foundations do not break down with the sebum on the face and last throughout the day. Applying them can be a challenge, as they set very fast, so work in one little spot at a time, blending in before starting another section. Use a creamy cleanser to break down the foundation when washing your face at night. Long wearing foundations are available for a variety of skin types, from mass merchant brands like L'Oreal to prestige lines like Dior.
2. Illuminating Foundations are big right now and are super for the woman with dry skin. These foundations give your skin that natural looking glow that it is lacking. Great for normal to dry skins, if you have oily, you are already "dewy" enough, it is not necessary to add more. Ladies past a "certain age" tend to love these products, because they bring back that healthy, youthful glow.
3. Matte Foundations are intended for combination to oily types so they are, of course, oil-free. This kind of foundation absorbs oil and will keep shine from coming through. It may be a heavier coverage, to cover imperfections. If you have dry skin and wear this type of foundation, you will find it feels uncomfortable on your face. Leave this to the oily skinned girls. Matte foundations are available in almost every line, from mass merchant to prestige brands.
4. Acne Foundations are usually matte foundations with some acne medication (specifically salicylic acid) in it to heal your skin as you camouflage it. These types of foundations are great for oily or acne skin. Don't use acne foundations if you have an aspirin sensitivity as you may also be sensitive to the salicylic acid. Look for terms like "acne " or "clarifying" on the bottle.
5. Anti-aging Foundations are often moisturizing foundations with firming ingredients and/or components to help minimize wrinkles and fine lines. They often have illuminating ingredients to give the face a healthy, youthful glow. They mostly offer medium to full coverage and are loved by ladies across the country!
6. Tints or tinted moisturizers provide very light coverage, some offer moisturizing ingredients so it is a one step process. These are great if you need minimal coverage and want a quick product to slap on in the morning. Unless you are using a separate sunscreen, ensure you decide on a product with a minimum SPF 15. Tinted moisturizers come in different levels of hydration including oil-free. Tints or TMs are a great option for teenagers or women with faces that just requires minimal coverage. When used in conjunction with a great cover-up, you'll be good to go. Tints and TMs are also perfect for women who don't know which color they are ... because of the minimal tint, it is simpler to match!
How to Apply Liquid Foundation Make Up
Place a small dollop of liquid foundation on hand. Use a make up sponge to spread the foundation on your face and blend it before it dries. Make sure you use a liquid foundation sponge so that you do not waste the foundation too much while applying as sponge tend to absorb large amount of foundation. Remember to blend your jaw line and hair line too. Always use a clean sponge every time or else you will be transferring bacteria from the sponge to your face. Some make up artist will teach you to use your fingers when applying foundation but I do not recommend it. The simple reason is your fingers contains lots of bacteria and if you are putting make up for others, they might not like it as it is not hygienic.
Next, make sure you apply the foundation evenly on your face and it matches your skin tone. Once you are please with the results, you need to apply the foundation on your neck too. It is good practice to have single color tone for your neck and face.
Finally, set the foundation for all day wear. If you have dry skin, set it with blotting tissues and use pressed powder for oily skin. Liquid foundation is a great make up item because it can hide your blemishes, scars and make skin pores looks even and smooth.
Foundations today have a lot of extra benefits, like built-in sunscreen or ingredients that fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Look for the many extras some foundation formulas offer, such as sunscreen or ingredients that hide fine lines.
Myotcstore Related Products:Almay Truly Lasting Liquid Color Makeup 240, Beige - 1 oz, 2 ea
Black Radiance Complexion Perfection Liquid Foundation, Coffee Glaze - 1 Oz, 3 ea
Cover Girl New TruBlend Foundation Liquid Makeup, Toasted Almond - 2 ea
Ecco Bella FlowerColor Liquid Foundation SPF 15, Tan - 1 oz
Loreal True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Makeup, Cool Shell Beige - 1 oz , 2 ea
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Foundation And Brush, Fair - 1 oz