Use Makeup Brushes For a Flawless Look
Getting yourself some good quality makeup in the proper formulas that match your skin type and tone is your first step. But how you apply them is yet another. Get yourself some good quality makeup brushes to add to your makeup bag to help you apply makeup as perfectly and flawlessly as possible. Of course, once you are armed with such brushes, it's important to know how to use them too! Here is a list of brushes you should have, and what to do with them once you've got them!
Choose the Right Brushes - There are literally countless brushes available for purchase on the market. Many times it can be overwhelming to decide which ones to buy and which ones to leave behind. Just like artists have their own specific arsenal of brushes, so should you. You don't have to own every type of brush on the market - just buy the ones that you'll actually use. The following 6 brushes are the general ones you should pick up:
Gain an understanding of how your face is structured, and the type of skin that you have. This will help you decide what shape, size and length of the bristle you should consider buying.
Makeup brushes are really the magic wands of the cosmetic world because using them can create a look both enchanting and flawless. Brushes using real hair can be made from all sorts of animals like sable, badger, goat, pony and squirrel. Real hair has the unique ability to pick up dry makeup with ease as well as spread it evenly onto the surface of your skin. Natural hair is often much softer than synthetic causing less skin irritation, although people have often switched to synthetics because of allergies. Real hair is significantly more expensive than synthetic hair, but it's a great investment. When cared for properly, brushes made of natural hair can last a very long time.
Its densely packed bristles distinguish the foundation brush from other face brushes. The denser the bristles, the less chance that streaking will occur. Badger hair is often used in these types of brushes which you can see in the two toned color. Another brush used in foundation application is the stipple brush or duo fibre brush. This brush can be used with either wet or dry makeup.
This brush, also known as the camouflage brush, is similar in shape to the foundation brush only much smaller and with softer bristles. Use this brush to cover blemishes, uneven skin tone, dark circles and broken capillaries.
This brush is large and fluffy so it can blend large areas of the face quickly and easily. Use this to set powder on your face, allowing your makeup to last longer. Kabuki brushes have a short base so it's easy to carry around. Flat top buffing brushes are great for blending mineral foundations. Fan brushes, looking nothing like powder brushes whatsoever, are great for applying powder in a thin coverage and sweeping away loose eye shadow.
The angled face brush allows you to sweep color into the hollows of your cheeks, temple and jaw line contouring the face for a slimmer look. It can also double as a blush brush. Blush brushes look like a smaller version of the powder brush.
5. Eye Shadow
The soft dome brush is the perfect tool for blending eye shadows. Pack color onto the lid with a flat stiff brush and feather out the colors with a stiff dome brush. Pencil brushes can smudge eye shadows or liners for a smoky eye look or can be used to accentuate the crease.
The bent liner brush is perfect for applying gel liners. It's the same thing as a fine point eyeliner brush only the metal tip just before the bristles is bent at an angle making it easier to control. Flat eyeliner brushes make it easier to wedge color into the lash line and also work great for coloring eyebrows.
Maintaining And Choosing Makeup Brushes
• Clean and Maintain Your Brushes - Imagine all the dirt, grease, oils and grime that your skin has on it after particles in the air settles on it. These are easily transferred onto your brushes, which can then be deposited right back onto your skin the next time you use the makeup brushes. Instead of continuously buying new brushes to ensure cleanliness, just regularly clean and maintain the ones you've already got. Just use soap and water for natural bristles, and a hand sanitizer for synthetic bristles. If you want to use the brush immediately afterwards, the hand sanitizer works best since it dries much faster. And make sure never to soak them in water for too long, which can damage the wooden handle and cause the glue to come loose.
For cleaning brushes is as follows:
Wet brushes in warm water, put a bit of soap/shampoo in the palm of your hand and swirl the brush around, work the cleanser through to the ends and rinse, repeat until the brushes are thoroughly clean.
Washing: Squirt some shampoo in the water or on the side of the dish. Wash the dense foundation directly in the soapy water, so the insides will also get cleaned easily. With less dense brushes and eye brushes, either clean the using the palm of your hand or the side of the dish. Tip: if you don't want to run to the bathroom every time to change the water, have a glass of clean water next to you. Soak the dirty water with tissue or towel and change the water when needed.
Avoid splaying the brushes while washing, because it will ruin the shape of your brushes eventually. Instead move them from side to side like you would when painting.
• Dip brushes in a deep bowl full of water. The water will reach inside the ferrule loosening the glue that holds the bristles. Use a plate or anything shallow instead.
• Pull at the bristles when your squeezing excess water.
• Use newspaper instead of paper towel to dry your brushes. Newspapers are not very clean, it's unhygienic.
• Dry the brushes in brush holders, with bristles pointing
• Choose the Right Width For Specific Functions - Obviously, a wider brush covers a wider area, and a narrower brush covers a smaller area. Depending on the type of makeup you are applying, the width of the brush will matter. For example, blush on the cheekbones is usually best applied using a wider brush for more full coverage. For finer application, such as eyeshadow, a thinner brush is best.
• Brush in Circular Motions - Applying makeup by going side to side with your makeup brush can create a harsh look that you probably aren't going for. Instead, stick to a more circular motion when applying makeup with a brush to create a much softer look. When using a pointed brush, use round sweeps instead of digging with it.
Apply Eyeliner With a Brush - Most women are probably used to applying eyeliner with the pencil that it comes in. But you may not realize that you can apply eyeliner with a brush too for a more refined look. Use soft, dabbing motions when applying eyeliner to either the top or bottom lash line. Make sure not to use a lot of motion as the particles can essentially go everywhere. Use the flat side of your makeup brush to apply the eyeliner to the lower lid for a more dramatic look.
Here are some general words to describe the characteristics of various brushes:
• Head Shape: Dome, Slant, Angled, Square, Point and Tapered.
• Handle Length: Long, Short and Travel Size.
• Head Size: Fine, Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large.
• Bristle Textures: Fine, Soft and Coarse (firm, stiff or dense).
Brushes are essential to creating amazing makeup looks. Some women may fear that having many makeup brushes automatically means you wear more makeup and that simply is not true. By using the correct makeup brushes you may take your collection from one to five brushes, but you are also allowing yourself to correctly apply each area of makeup. You can use these brushes to achieve a light daytime look or a smoky eyed night time look. The amount of brushes you have is not equivalent to amounts of makeup you use. Set yourself up for makeup success by equipping your makeup brush collection with these four brushes.
Myotcstore Related Products:
Black Radiance makeup pencil sharpener - 3 ea
Maybelline Expert Tools Blush Brush - 2 ea
New York Color Dual Pencil Sharpener - 3 ea
Olay total effects line and dark circle minimizing brush - 0.2 oz
Paris presents eco tools bamboo 5 piece brush set - 2 ea