Glowing Skin Care For MenMen's skin care shares many of the basic principles which underlie female skin care. For example, satisfying the basic needs of cleanliness and moisturizing go a long way for both sexes. However, there are many subtle differences between male and female skin which can have significant effects on their most ideal products.
Men’s skin also lose elasticity with age. Pollution, sun exposure and unbalanced diet causes wrinkles, dryness and fine lines. Like women, there are many skin care products available in the market for men. But due to their busy routine and lack of time, men don’t give much time to their skin. A man's skin is about 20 percent thicker than woman's, and it's a lot more firm than hers because we have more collagen and elastin. These proteins are responsible for allowing the skin to maintain its shape. Unfortunately, men have more active sebaceous glands; this means our skin tends to be oilier. Also, due to regular shaving, men's facial skin tends to get dehydrated. With their degeneration, the epidermis begins to adopt more wrinkles and lose its smoothness.
Men's skin care products that make you look how you feel... younger, healthier and full of life! Preventing the skin from aging is no longer just for women. A bar of soap and a bit of paper for nicked skin are no longer sufficient for a good skin. Men's skin needs regular and effective care to stay youthful and we have just the right solution for the toughest of male skins.
Men should follow three essential steps of skin care just as the women’s do :-
1. Cleansing - Do you know that men have 20% more oil secreting glands in their skin than women? Also they have larger pores. This may be good anti-ageing factor but who wants a shiny, greasy face which attracts dust and dirt? So all the men out there please get your hands on a mild cleanser which suits your skin type- dry, normal or oily skin type. It’s very important to choose a correct cleanser. Please do not touch that soap bar again for your face! It strips away all the essential moisture and in the long run your skin wrinkles even faster.
2. Toning - This step helps to minimize the large pores and hence helps to control oil secretion for a longer time. It also removes extra dirt which your cleanser might be unable to remove. I would not recommend this step for men with dry skin type. Opt for alcohol free toner.
3. Moisturizing - The most important skin care step which many men neglect to follow. Cleansing is not enough! The skin needs to replenish the moisture that has been lost while cleansing and toning. Hence, the moisturizer! You may ask if oily skin type could go away with moisturizer. No! Dry skin type should choose a cream based moisturizer while oily skin type should go with gel-based moisturizer. Do not forget to moisturize your skin after shaving.
Also use a moisturizing eye cream AM and PM to get rid of puffy eyes, under eye dark shadows and wrinkles.
4. Exfoliation/Scrubbing - Shaving does exfoliate your skin. But it’s just that part where you shave. So use a mild exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and dirt on face and neck. This will maintain a healthy glow and speed up cell regeneration process.
5. Face Mask - To provide tightening effect to skin and reduce greasiness a natural face mask suitable to your skin type can be applied once or twice a month.
Best Skin Care Tips For Men For Glowing Skin:
• Daily face washing will unclog the pores and help in prevention of variety of skin conditions such pimples, acne, ingrown hair, etc.
• Daily shaving of their face makes the skin prone to dehydration. Use shaving creams or foams designed for specific skin type.
• If your skin is prone to imperfections such nicks, pimples, etc after shaving; soothe the skin with moisturizer or after-shave lotion.
• Sunscreens are not only for women. Men’s skin should also be protected against the sun. Buy sunscreen or moisturizers with SPF of 15 or above.
• Steam your face before shaving. It opens up hair follicles. Splash cold water on your face after shaving to close the pores on the skin. Aloe Vera is a wonderful post shave moisturizer.
• The use of the correct oils for oily and acne prone skins can be very helpful. Essential oils like lavender, sage, mint and tea tree are naturally
antiseptic, active and help heal the skin.
• Eat a balanced diet and stay active. Up your intake of fruits and vegetables and avoid greasy fried foods. Exercising clears your pores and increases your metabolism and sweating cleanses your inner body.
• Drink plenty of water daily to keep your skin hydrated. If consume liqueur, beverages or soft drinks, increase your water intake to keep your self from being dehydrated.
• Skin care for men is akin to women’s skin care regime. Clean your skin every day and moisturize your skin for healthy beautiful looking skin.
Finally, it is important to educate yourself on important men skin care products and find out the latest ways of taking care of your skin as a man. Most of this information can be obtained over the internet or by reading health magazines. Men skin care problems can be solved by maintaining a balanced diet. Eating a well nourished meal means that you are providing your skin with the necessary oils and ingredients that it needs to nourish and grow healthy.
Myotcstore Related Products:
Suave Body Wash, Mens Refreshing - 12 Oz
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense, Daily Face Scrub - 4.2 Oz
Loreal Mens Expert Power Buff Anti-Roughness Exfoliator - 2 Oz
Kutkit Styptic Swabs - 12 ea, 2 pack
Dove men plus care deep clean body and face wash - 18 oz