Anti Aging Treatments And Foods for SkinEveryone has to grow old, but aging is optional. Yes, there is no way by which you can turn back the hands of the clock, but you can always take care of yourself to such an extent that no one can ever call you 'grandma'. Aging is an inevitable part of life. However, with it also come wrinkles, puffy eyes, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
Perfect smooth glowing skin is something that everyone craves for, but rarely anyone has it. When the first wrinkle shows up, we tend to panic and buy a plethora of anti aging products. Anti aging creams, serums and gels are widely available in the market. The first step in understanding which products are effective, is knowing why we should use them and which ingredients in these creams really help in smoothing out wrinkles.
Anti Aging Cream Ingredients
Before buying any anti aging products you need to be aware of the ingredients that it is formulated with. Anti aging creams that work have ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, conjugated linoleic acid, kinetin, coenzyme Q10, kojic acid, copper peptides, resveratrol and hyaluronic acid.
• Retinol is a pure form of vitamin A and it helps build new collagen while also stopping existing collagen from collapsing and causing wrinkles. Retinol improves skin texture, making it firmer.
• Vitamin E is an antioxidant which has anti-inflammatory properties and it moisturizes the skin, making it smooth and soft.
• Alpha hydroxy acids reduce fine lines by exfoliating damaged and dead skin. It is an excellent ingredient for evening out pigmented skin.
• Vitamin C has antioxidant properties which helps prevent the formation of wrinkles, while increasing collagen production. It helps skin withstand sun exposure and also helps in reducing skin discoloration.
• Resveratrol is an antioxidant that reduces cell damage and improves collagen production.
• Conjugated linoleic acid boosts skin renewal and reduces the appearance of lines on the skin.
• Kinetin is very effective in reducing the appearance of age spots and freckles.
• Hyaluronic acid is another ingredient that deeply moisturizes the skin, making it soft and supple. It is also effective in plumping fine lines.
Wrinkles do not appear overnight, but they are an evolution of the aging process as the proteins in our skin, collagen and elastic fibers start to loosen, causing depressions on the surface. The visible signs which appears years later include loosening and slacking of the skin, dryness, appearance of brown spots and loss of radiance and luminosity. Environmental damages such as excessive exposure to the sun and pollution can also speed up the aging process causing premature aging.
Even if you are in your 20s with clear, radiant skin, how you take care of your skin now goes a long way in deciding your looks in the 50s. A proper skin care regimen during the 20s can slow down the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes. A simple rule to remember when you use anti aging creams is that since these products are formulated for mature skin, which tends to be drier, it can be too heavy for younger women. So, try light weight gels and oil free moisturizers instead. These were some anti aging night and day creams that are effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. When you find an anti aging creams that works for your skin, stick to it and avoid experimenting with new products frequently.
Anti Aging Foods for Skin
Anti aging foods are beneficial for the skin, as the antioxidants in them protect the body against free radicals and flush out the harmful toxins thus keeping it clean.
List of Anti Aging Foods Beneficial for Skin
1. Avocado: Avocados contains significant amount of vitamin E, which prevents aging and thus helps in maintaining a healthy glowing skin. The monounsaturated fat present in avocado helps to reduce the amount of toxins and bad cholesterol in the body. The fruit is also used in facial mask and hair conditioner preparations.
2. Berries: Various varieties of berries, ranging from blackberries and blueberries to raspberries and strawberries, are rich in flavonoids. These flavonoids are powerful antioxidants, which help in protecting the body and skin from free radicals and natural aging.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli, as well as broccoli sprouts, are rich in antioxidants such as quercetin and isothiocyanates, which help in tackling the damage caused by free radicals. In fact, broccoli sprouts has 30 times more isothiocyanates than regular broccoli.
4. Beans: Beans, such as black soybeans and black beans, are rich in anthocyanin, a water soluble pigment, related to flavonoids which helps to curb aging and neurological diseases. In fact, soybeans also contain isoflavones which are rich in anti-aging properties.
5. Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, turnip and radish, are rich in vitamins and fiber, which help the body to fight against toxins and cancer. They are also high in vitamin C which helps the formation of skin rejuvenators - elastin and collagen.
6. Garlic: Garlic is yet another herb having several health benefits. It is an effective anti-inflammatory agent which combines to remove heavy metals from the body and thus helps in keeping the skin healthy and ever glowing.
7. Green Tea: This may come as a surprise for many, but green tea is one of the best anti aging foods for skin. Green tea, is rich in catechins, the tannic acid, which acts as an antioxidant and helps to keep the skin healthy and beautiful.
8. Nuts: Nuts contain significant amounts of good fat, antioxidants and minerals. Adding nuts to your daily diet will not just help you to have a healthy skin, but will also boost up your immune system and help you in fighting various diseases.
9. Root Vegetables: Yellow and orange root vegetables, such as carrots, root potatoes and squash, are rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene, also referred to as super-antioxidant, is beneficial for skin as well as the eyes.
10. Salmon: Salmons are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and high quality protein which are beneficial for the skin. Studies reveal that including salmon in your diet, at least thrice a week, helps you to stay healthy and sport a beautiful skin.
11. Spinach: Spinach is rich in lutein, an antioxidant which helps in keeping the skin healthy. It facilitates skin hydration, and eventually gives the skin a glow making it look younger and beautiful.
12. Tomato: Lycopene present in tomatoes is a powerful weapon used by the body to fight free radicals. It doesn't just help in neutralizing free radicals but helps in tackling sun induced aging as well.
13. Watermelon: One of the most effective anti-aging foods for healthy skin, watermelon contains a long list of nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, essential fats and zinc, which help in fighting free radical damage and skin aging.
14. Wine: Wine is yet another potent antioxidant which is considered ideal for skin health. Like green tea, wines contains catechins as well as resveratrol, a phytoalexin with significant anti-aging properties.
15. Water: Last, but the most important component of anti aging diet for skin is water. It's important to keep yourself hydrated all the time. Water helps in getting rid of the toxins and unwanted waste materials which are either ingested or produced within the body. It is recommended to have at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Anti-aging Vitamins for Skin
Vitamins are tiny compounds required in small quantities by your body. They carry out many vital biochemical functions. They act as hormones, mediators of cell signaling, regulators of cell and tissue growth differentiation, and antioxidants. Your body is not able to make vitamins in sufficient quantities, and so it is very necessary to obtain them from outside food sources.
Science supports the fact that vitamins play an important role in anti-aging, or in more clear words, in delaying the process of aging. Sufficient intake of vitamins gives your body, especially your skin, a shine, tonicity and youthfulness. Vitamins do it all, because they are responsible for many physiological roles. Out of a number of vitamins, the following few play major role in anti-aging. These vitamins are commonly referred to as anti-aging vitamins for skin.
1. Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
• Helps in the conversion of calories from fat, proteins and carbohydrates into energy.
• Boosts digestive system.
• Promotes health of the nerves and skin.
Sources: peanuts, eggs, meat, yeast, fish and poultry.
2. Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
• Increases function of the brain.
• Is necessary for the conversion of proteins into energy.
• Is responsible to involve other vitamins that promote healthy cells for proper cell rejuvenation.
Sources: pork, eggs, fish, poultry, whole grains, soybean, nuts, bananas, seeds and oats.
3. Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
• It improves your skin's resistance to UV damage.
• Acts as antioxidants, which helps your body of harmful toxins that reduce the effects of your anti-aging efforts.
Sources: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, grapes and green tea.
4. Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
• Is important in repairing free radicals, and prevents them from accelerating the aging process.
• Boosts healthy diet.
• Strengthens immune system.
Sources: Vegetables and citrus fruits.
5. Vitamin K
• Plays the role of an antioxidant.
• Know to prevent degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis and heart diseases.
• Reduces damage to heart valves.
• Regulates the flow of calcium out of the arteries and directs it into the bones.
In this beauty and looks conscious age, having a charming and pleasant personality has become a requirement. Not only women, but men also have started to care for their appearance. But no one can deny the fact that good looks without a clean and glowing skin is impossible. Anti-aging does not only mean maintaining good looks and appearance, but It's more about physical fitness and health. Therefore, in addition to taking anti-aging vitamins for skin, you should also focus on following a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Myotcstore Related Categories:Anti Aging Specialised Treatments
Anti Cellulite and Firming Treatments
Cleansers and Exfoliants
Serums, Toners and Lighteners