Moisturizers With SPFWe all know that a moisturizer keeps the skin smooth and supple. It is one of the ways to preserve moisture of the skin for long time. It protects the skin from the damaging UV rays of the sun, when SPF factor is an additional moisturizer ingredient. Although we are quite conscious to apply moisturizer on our face while stepping out in the sun, we often neglect the rest of the exposed portion of our body, especially the back and the feet. Thus, the exposed parts develop sunburns. Therefore, it's a necessity to massage a considerable amount of sunscreen on those parts as well.
Moisturizers formulated for oily skin are indeed different from those of the dry skin. The range of SPF also varies according to the nature of the sun-rays and the maximum time of exposure. Moisturizer with SPF For Different Skin Types:
1. Oily Skin
An Oily skin is extremely sensitive. A little discrepancy while selection can show reverse effects. Moisturizes for oily skin are usually water or gel based products with an additional SPF factor. For mild protection, a moisturizer with SPF 15 is enough. For long-lasting protection the SPF should be more than 25. The products are water based to prevent secretion of extra oil and sebum on face. The same product can be applied throughout neck, hands and feet. Some of the quality brands are cited below.
• Olay All day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 Light, Combination/Oily
• Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15
• SmartShield SPF 30 Sunscreen Gel
• Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 15
• Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
• L'OREAL RevitaLift UV SPF 15
2. Dry Skin
The ingredients for moisturizers for dry skin is usually enriched with vitamins to provide complete nourishment. Sunscreen moisturizers for dry skin range from SPF 15 to SPF 60 or more. These moisturizers not only retain the water content of the skin but are also effective in protecting the skin from extreme roughness. Herbal based sunscreens and sunblocks are often formulated with essential oils.
• Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion For Dry Skin, SPF 15
• Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15 - Medium
• Eucerin Extra Protective Moisture Lotion SPF 30
• Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion with sunscreen
Body Moisturizer with SPF
Body lotions keep the skin smooth and soft. You are supposed to apply an oil based formulation on your body even if you have an oily facial skin. A body lotion with SPF gives protection to the exposed areas from getting tanned. Application of SPF based body lotions ensure prevention of sun damage. These sunscreens are particularly helpful to athletes and sportswomen who spend hours under the sun. For them, a sunscreen having SPF more than 60 is desirable. The list for some of the best brands of SPF based body lotions are written below.
• Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E SPF 15 Body Lotion
• Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Body Lotion - SPF 85
• Clinique UV-Response Body Gel-Lotion SPF 15
• Eucerin Everyday Protection Body Lotion, UVA + UVB SPF 15 Protection
• Alba Botanica: Very Emollient Body Lotion Daily Shade Formula SPF 16
Here are 5 reasons that explain why we think you should be using an SPF Moisturiser on a daily basis.
1. Keeping Your Skin Soft and Healthy: When your skin is dehydrated it gives you very obvious help signals. The surface can become hard, rough, and cracked. If your skin is not regularly hydrated, it can even become painful. No matter what your skin type, using an SPF moisturiser can help you keep your skin soft and supple.
2. Enjoy Daily Protection from Harmful Sun Rays: Although dehydrated skin should definitely be avoided, there is an external irritant that can cause far more damage - the sun. Contrary to popular belief, dry skin is not the ultimate wrinkle-causing culprit. Sun damage is far more likely to cause serious harm to your skin than dehydration. That is why it so important to use an SPF moisturiser on a regular basis. If you are already moisturizing your skin, then you might as well make sure that your moisturiser is fully equipped with UV protection. Exposing yourself to harmful sun rays without protection can cause more than fine lines - it could also very well lead to skin cancer.
Vitamin D Deficiencies
If you're concerned that the SPF protection in your daily moisturiser may lead to a Vitamin D deficiency or other ills, then go natural. It is still important to hydrate your skin and protect it from the sun. You can do both and reduce your chances of Vitamin D deficiency and other chemical allergens by using a moisturiser with natural SPF protection, like Green People Day Solution Spf15, which not only moisturizes and re-balances the skin but also protects against cell damage using only natural ingredients.
3. Double Duty Wrinkle Prevention: If you're concerned about getting wrinkles, then you should definitely consider applying a daily SPF moisturizer. Dehydrated skin can lead to the development of premature wrinkles. Sun rays can cause early aging more than any other external irritant. So if you use an SPF moisturizer, your skin will get double duty wrinkle prevention!
4. You can effortlessly beautify your skin all day: Many SPF moisturizers feature a formula that is guaranteed to make your skin rejoice. Once applied, the cream absorbs moisture present in the air, and traps the moisture found deep down in the skin. This keeps your skin in beautify mode all day long. An excellent moisturizer that does all of the above is: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Intensive Facial Daily Moisturizer, SPF 15.
5. Fight off Free Radicals: Free radicals or oxidant radicals can be caused by extensive exposure to the sun. When you regularly use an SPF moisturizer with antioxidants, you can relieve your skin of free radicals. With so many benefits, it's no wonder that we think you should use an SPF moisturizer every day.
Myotcstore Related Products:Natures Alchemy 100% Pure Sweet Almond Oil - 4 oz
Mode De Vie Unscented Liquid Shea Butter Karit Oil - 6 oz
Hobe Lab Naturals Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil - 4 oz
Dr Scheller Natural Organic Body Oil, Pomegranate - 5.1 Oz
Desert Essence 100% pure jojoba oil for hair, skin and scalp, 4 oz
Aura Cacia pure aromatherapy natural skin care oil, Avocado - 4 oz