Abreva - Fast Healing Cold Sore TreatmentA cold sore is a blister that forms on or around the lips and is usually caused by HSV-1. Most cold sore sufferers aren't exactly sure when they first encountered the virus because HSV-1 is usually contracted early in childhood. During a cold sore outbreak, which often occurs after you have experienced one of the cold sore triggers, the virus "wakes up'' and infects the skin cells in or around your lip or mouth, eventually becoming a visible and contagious sore. Cold sores or fever blisters are common and contagious. They can cause pain, itchiness, redness, and if left untreated, can last from 6 to 10 days or even longer.
But when you use Abreva cream at the very first tingle, you'll help shorten the healing time of your cold sore. That's because Abreva cream is the only FDA-approved, over-the-counter cold sore medicine that actually blocks the virus from getting to healthy cells. In fact, only Abreva cream can knock out your cold sore in as few as 2½ days.
The Abreva Difference - Soothe it fast, Heal it fast
ABREVA soothes on contact for fast symptom relief. Its cream base contains a moisturizing ingredient. And ABREVA can significantly shorten the time to symptom elimination.
ABREVA's proven medicine, docosanol 10%, helps protect healthy lip cells from viral penetration. This limits the virus's ability to reproduce, thus helping to shorten healing time.
How is OTC ABREVA different from prescription antivirals?
Like antivirals, OTC ABREVA can shorten healing time. ABREVA is the only cold sore product that contains docosanol, a unique active ingredient with a cell entry blocking mode of action which inhibit the virus from entering the cell. It is not classified as an antiviral because, unlike antivirals, ABREVA does not act directly on the herpes virus.
Docosanol can modify the membrane of a healthy lip cell to help inhibit the ability of the virus to fuse with the cell's membrane. This modified cell membrane acts as a barrier to the cold sore virus, inhibiting it from entering. Since viruses can only replicate inside healthy cells, blocking viral entry helps break the cycle of infection, thus speeding healing.
The only over-the-counter cold sore medicine approved by the FDA to shorten healing time. It does that by getting to the root of your cold sore. Quite simply, Abreva cream speeds healing like a prescription, but without one. Abreva cream has a unique, patented formulation, with an active ingredient that speeds healing and helps protect healthy cells against the cold sore infection. Use it at the first tingle, and it could heal your cold sore in as few as 2 1/2 days. Unlike the lip care aisle lookalikes, only Abreva cream penetrates deep to the root of your cold sore to heal it. No other OTC cold sore product can do that.
How Abreva cream works
Step 1: When the cold sore virus activates, it spreads from cell to cell.
Step 2: As soon as you apply, Abreva gets to work.
Step 3: First, it penetrates into the skin.
Step 4: Then, Abreva blocks the virus, protecting healthy cells.
When used at the first sign, only Abreva can heal a cold sore in as few as two and a half days.
The medicine in Abreva cream goes deep into the skin to strengthen the cell membranes surrounding your healthy skin cells. It actually turns these cells into barriers against the cold sore virus blocking the virus from entering healthy cells. Abreva cream is the only OTC brand that has been clinically proven to shorten the healing time of cold sores and is approved by the FDA to heal cold sores.
How to use Abreva Cream
1. Don’t Skimp; Don’t Skip: Abreva cream is recommended for adults and children 12 years and over, and should be used exactly as directed: five times a day (starting with the first sign a cold sore is coming on) until your cold sore is healed, for a maximum of 10 days.
2. Keep It Clean: Remove any cosmetics prior to applying Abreva cream. Apply Abreva cream directly to your cold sore at the first sign of a tingle, redness, bump or itch for best results. If you wish, you can apply cosmetics such as lipstick over Abreva cream. And always wash your hands with soap and warm water before and after treating your cold sore.
3. Apply Good Sense: To avoid spreading the infection, always use a separate applicator, like a cotton swab, if you wish to apply cosmetics to an unhealed cold sore.
4. Don’t Bug Your Cold Sore: Never, never, never pick, scratch or squeeze your cold sore. This may cause scarring or a longer-lasting cold sore.
5. Keep Your Hands Clean: Always wash your hands after touching or putting ointment on a cold sore. Thoroughly washing your hands during an outbreak can keep you from spreading the cold sore virus to other parts of your body and to other people.
6. Carefully Consider Treatment Options: If left untreated, cold sores generally take 8 to 10 days (sometimes longer) to heal. Know what treatment options are available so you choose the one that’s right for you. With the right treatment, you may be able to speed up healing faster than the 8 to 10 days the body normally takes to fight the virus. Abreva cream is the only FDA-approved over-the-counter treatment proven to significantly shorten healing time.
7. Reduce the Risk to Others: Take precautions during each cold sore stage to protect the people you care about. Make sure you know the dos and don’ts of reducing the risks to others so you can properly protect the people around you from getting your cold sore virus.
8. Talk to Your Pharmacist: Talk to your pharmacist to get the best treatment advice. It’s also important to talk to your pharmacist or healthcare professional if a cold sore lasts more than 10 days, or if you’re not sure the sore you see and feel is actually a cold sore.
Abreva Conceal- Hide your cold sore
Abreva Conceal is a colorless, non-medicated patch that covers your cold sore and provides a smooth surface for applying makeup. It lasts for hours. Best of all, it lets air in while keeping contaminants out, so you keep your cold sore clean and still look your best.
It’s a clear, non-medicated patch that instantly conceals your cold sore and enables you to apply makeup on top. Abreva Conceal can last up to 8 hours. MicroAir technology allows air in while keeping contaminants out. It also lets you cover up with makeup.
Abreva Conceal Patch is non-medicated
It’s designed to cover and protect your cold sore. You can even apply makeup on top of the patch while protecting your cold sore.
Why you should use it
A cold sore shouldn’t make you have to hide from the world. But Abreva Conceal is about more than just beauty. Though it does allow you to put makeup over your cold sore, it most importantly creates a protective barrier that allows air in while keeping contaminants out.
How to apply Abreva Conceal
Step 1: Start with clean, dry skin
Step 2: Peel tab 1, then tab 2. But don’t touch the sticky part
Step 3: Press the patch onto your cold sore and hold firmly for at least 15 seconds
Pros and Cons Of Abreva
1. No smell
Abreva is in the form of a white cream. It does not burn or sting, not it has any flavor or stench. This is hundred percent true, which Iearnt from my very own personal experience.
2. No discomfort
Unlike other medicines, Abreva does not cause any discomfort or irritation when applied to my body. Moreover, another advantage I experienced was I was able to sense my recovery. I am able to see fast curing of my sores.
Docosanal efficiently works on the healthy cells. It effectively puts a shield on my healthy cells and safeguards it from the herpes simplex virus’ invasions. This assisted in the prevention of scattering of infections in the nearby vicinity, which in turn facilitated in the fast curing of my cold sores.
4. The earlier, the better
Most of the Abreva Reviews says that in order to get the maximum benefit from Aberva, it is better you install the docosonal shield of Abreva at the earlier stage itself, when you get the first tingle. Invasions by less amount of herpes simplex virus cells leads to only to small amount of blister. Hence you will be having only small cold sore, when you have blisters in tiny amount. Setting up the Abreva’s docosanal shield assists in minimizing the cold sore symptom and facilitates in rapid curing.
5. For effective functioning of Abreva
In order to make the Abreva work effectively you need to follow some therapy guidelines. The first and foremost is you need to wash the cold sore thoroughly with water so as to minimize the viral content.
It is highly recommended that you need to apply Abreva for at least three to four waking hours (Almost 5 times daily). It is highly suggested that you first rinse your face that assists in eradicating the herpes simplex virus, which is the main reason for the formation of cold sores. In order to get better results, you can thoroughly wash the cold sore itself with water. I experienced quick and positive outcomes.
6. Rinse the cold sores with salt water
Prior to applying Abreva use salt water to clean the cold sore, this assists in the effective functioning of Abreva. I washed my cold sores thoroughly with salt water. This removed most for the pus & the necrotic skin from my cold sores. I then applied Aberva and experienced quick and fruitful results.
Based on my personal experience I didn’t come across any major disadvantage with Abreva.
Myotcstore Related Brands:Chloraseptic Sore Throat Relievers
Pine Bros Throat drops
Carmex Cold Sore Relievers
L-Lysine Herpes Cold Sore